About Our Team
A little about me.
I love talking to people. I enjoy helping my clients find a solution to their legal problems.
I love our two mottos, “We help when life changes” and “We help families stay out of Court“.
That change comes in varying shapes and sizes.
It could be the birth of a baby that prompts you to update your Will or the death of a loved one who didn’t leave a Will or maybe you are planning an overseas trip.
Sometimes the change comes as a result of the breakdown of a relationship.
My passion is people and the law that affects them. The law that affects everyday people like you and me is usually around Family Law, Conveyancing and Estate Planning.
I love that in Family Law there are various ways to resolve disputes for people just like you who don’t want to go to Court. I am able to advise you about all of the options open to you and assist your family in finding a solution that is right for you, whether that solution is family negotiation, lawyer-assisted negotiation, mediation, collaborative family law or if we can’t reach an agreement, then helping you with litigation or arbitration. There are so many options for families to choose from. Call me today to discuss the options that may suit you on 1300 444 LAW.
Our conveyancing clients would have to be some of my favorite people. Happy Home Owners is our aim! We are working with PEXA to ensure that the sale or purchase of your home is smooth and as uncomplicated as it can be. We have a streamlined process so that from the time that you tell us that you are ready to buy or sell, we can have your work started very quickly.
I know that this is a tough area of law, especially deceased estates. But what I love is helping you have peace of mind before something goes wrong and you pass away or lose the capacity to look after your own affairs. Planning how you would like things to be, can give you comfort in knowing that your chosen team of loved ones will know how you would like to be cared for if you can’t live at home, or suffer a life-threatening illness. I can tell you it will give them enormous comfort too! You have the power to give them a roadmap about the care you would like to receive.
Preparing for our death is also a bit hard to think about. But the reality is that everyone who lives will also pass away at some point in time. And touch wood not before you are ready! Biting the bullet and making your Will, appointing an Enduring Power of Attorney and Guardian seem like hard things to do but I am here to help you and your family have a smooth discussion about these things and to prepare the necessary documents for you.
Serving the Community
Giving back time and energy to the community and those who are disadvantaged is another area of my life that I enjoy. To facilitate this in my work I have successfully been appointed to the Legal Aid NSW Family Law Panel, Independent Children’s Lawyer Panel, and the Care and Protection Panel.
In addition, for many years I have been appointed as an External Legal Practitioner by the NSW Department of Community and Justice, Family and Community Services, Community Services (DCJ).
I established the firm in 2000 and we continue to provide quality services to our clients. Our firm culture is on our team, their families and happiness in our work. To be part of our team you need to love what you do and be prepared to go above and beyond.
Collaborative Family Lawyer | Mediator | Arbitrator
- UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY SYDNEY | BACHELOR OF LAWS
- UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY SYDNEY | GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN LEGAL PRACTICE
- ADMITTED SOLICITOR | HIGH COURT OF AUSTRALIA AND SUPREME COURT OF NSW
- UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY SYDNEY | COLLABORATIVE LAW
- COLLEGE OF LAW | MASTER OF APPLIED LAW (FAMILY LAW)
- BOND UNIVERSITY | NATIONALLY ACCREDITED MEDIATOR (NMAS)
- BOND UNIVERSITY | FAMILY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PRACTITIONER (FDRP)
- AIFLAM | ARBITRATOR
- THE HAPPY FAMILY LAWYER | COLLABORATIVE PRACTITIONER
- UNITING BURNSIDE | FAMILY GROUP CONFERENCE ORGANISER
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- MEMBER – LAW SOCIETY OF NSW
- EXECUTIVE MEMBER – MACARTHUR LAW SOCIETY
- MEMBER – AIFLAM
- PRESIDENT – MACARTHUR COLLABORATIVE LAW GROUP
- MEMBER – WOMEN LAWYERS AUSTRALIA
- MEMBER – LAW COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA, FAMILY LAW SECTION
- MEMBER – GREATER NARELLAN CHAMBER
- MEMBER – CAMDEN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- MEMBER – CAMPBELLTOWN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
A little about me.
I believe a first impression is a lasting impression, especially when assisting clients through the most difficult of circumstances. I enjoy building a rapport with my clients and ‘walking’ them through a journey that leads to them resolving their dispute.
An enjoyable aspect in my role is that I can cater to both family and criminal law clients. I have the ability to sympathise with a client and their circumstances, whether it’s the breakdown of a relationship, parenting issues, domestic violence or complex criminal proceedings. I thoroughly enjoy assessing the clients needs and providing tailored advice to suit their situation. Not every situation is alike.
Family Lawyer | Criminal Lawyer
- Griffith University – Bachelor of Laws
- College of Law – Graduate Diploma in Legal practice
- Admitted solicitor – Supreme Court of NSW & High Court of Australia
I am admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia. I was inspired to practice law so I can help people resolve their everyday problems which is why my areas of interest are Family Law and Estate Planning.
I enjoy talking to people and working collaboratively with clients to find a solution to their problems. I understand that going through Family Law proceedings can be a very difficult and emotional time in someone’s life, so I aim to make the process as simple and stress-free as possible. My main goal is to help clients resolve their problems without the need for Court proceedings.
I also enjoy Estate Planning and helping clients plan their affairs and giving them comfort in knowing that the affairs have been taken care of if they are to lose capacity or pass away.
Family Lawyer | Estate Planning Lawyer | Property Lawyer
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Criminology & Criminal Justice from UNSW in 2014
- Juris Doctor from UNSW in 2017
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from the College of Law in 2017
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW & High Court of Australia
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Council of Australia Family Law Section
- NSW Young Lawyers
Gemma is the backbone of our team here at Stanfords. Gemma knows what needs to be done and who needs to do it.
Gemma will be able to help you when you call to book an appointment or to discuss a development in your life.
Gemma is also our CFO. She is all things finances at Stanfords.
Executive Assistant | CFO
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, CERTIFICATE II – CAMPBELLTOWN COLLEGE OF TAFE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, CERTIFICATE III – CAMPBELLTOWN COLLEGE OF TAFE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, CERTIFICATE IV – CAMPBELLTOWN COLLEGE OF TAFE
- ONLINE CONVEYANCING – LAW SOCIETY OF NSW
Jessica has worked for the firm since we began.
Jessica is currently responsible for the management of our conveyancing files and assisting our Happy Home Owners and is PEXA trained.
Jessica enjoys working closely with our lawyers and provides support to all of our clients.
Practice Manager | Paralegal
- ONLINE CONVEYANCING – LAW SOCIETY OF NSW
- THE HAPPY FAMILY LAWYER | SOCIAL MEDIA FOR LAWYERS