The types of personal information we may collect about you directly or from third parties includes:
- your name, age, date of birth and contact details (email, address, phone numbers);
- details of your social media platforms, associated accounts like Google and information you provide to us through them;
- images of you;
- your credit card or payment details (through our third-party payment processor);
- your preferences and opinions;
- any sensitive information (as set out below);
- customer survey information and details of any products or services you have purchased or enquired about;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
Collection and use of information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact you or communicate with you and offer additional benefits or competitions to you;
- to provide you with access to and use our Site;
- for internal record keeping including administrative invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to resolve any disputes with you; and
- to consider your employment application.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners, sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- any transferee of our business or assets;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, if you do not pay for our goods or services;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy law. You acknowledge that some overseas third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Provided you consent, your sensitive information (if we hold any) may only be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected.
Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Choice and consent
Information from third parties
Change of mind
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below or by unsubscribing from any marketing communication as applicable.
Access to your information
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you, but note we may charge you an administrative fee for such provision of information.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you have a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may also use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Trading name: Stanfords Solicitors & Conveyances [ABN 91 397 909 780]
Address: 6/21 Elizabeth Street, Camden, NSW 2570
Last update: 11 May 2020