Property Orders and Divorce
Property And Divorce Package
Property And Divorce Package $2,200 Inc GST
Making sure that your financial future is secure must be your priority after separation. So, it makes sense that you look at all all of your assets and liabilities as a couple, and then work through how it will all be divided between the two of you. The Family Law Act has pathway as to how this should be done, however, we know that sometimes families make up their own minds.
Turning your agreement into Consent Orders
Once you have had your discussions and reached an agreement, it is really important to make sure the agreement protects you and is enforceable, so we strongly recommend that you formalise your agreement by having us turn them into a set of Consent Orders. You don’t even have to go to Court to get them!
Making sure the Orders are enforceable and comprehensive
You will need to take three steps to make sure your consent orders are enforceable and comprehensive and in a format that the Court will approve:
- Make sure you exchange financial disclosure. Trying to hide assets from each other isn’t a good idea. This could result in your partner asking the Court to set aside Orders if it is discovered that you have not disclosed all of your assets. This means that you have to give each other a copy of all your bank statements for every account that you own, every mortgage statement, credit card or store card statements, tax return, notice of assessment from the ATO, share statements, copy of your crpto currency wallet, copy of your most recent superannuation statement and evidence of the current balance, a copy of the registration papers for every car, motorbike, caravan, trailer, boat, jetski, truck or vehicle that you own, a copy of a redbook valuation for each car, motorbike, caravan, trailer, boat, jetski, truck or vehicle that you own, details of any inheritance that you are about to receive, copies of all business activity statements for each company or business that you own, copies of all trust deeds for any trusts that you are a beneficiary of OR any other source of financial support that you receive.
- If you are married and have been separated for over 12 months, you need an application for a Divorce Order; and
- The application for Consent Orders and the Consent Orders.
Property Orders And Divorce Package $2,200 Inc GST
- 1 hour telephone or video conference with you to discuss your agreement
- Review of your financial disclosure documents to ensure all assets are accounted for in the agreement
- Procedural fairness letter to any superannuation fund
- A completed application for your divorce
- A completed application for your consent orders seeking property orders
- Drafting your Consent orders
- Up to 2 revisions of your draft consent orders
- Meeting with you via video to assist you to sign your applications and orders
- Filing your application for divorce on the Commonwealth Courts Portal
- Filing your application for consent orders on the Commonwealth Courts Portal
- Notification once your orders have been made
- Notification to you if any requisitions are received by the Court and assistance resolving the requisition
- Orders with the Court seal emailed to you
- Negotiations between the parties, we just draft your agreement
- Federal Circuit Court filing fees:
Consent Orders $170